geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject xbean release next week?
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:49:17 GMT
Hi

I plan to release xbean next week (hopefully on wednesday but can be
the week end if I dont find time)

Main changes is: removing Async finder which was just crap (mea culpa)
and avoid AnnotationFinder to leak (ie only use classes from archive).

This last change can be very impacting for apps (if A extends B before
we tried to get B if B is not in the finder archive but now it is
skipped - it means archive needs to be correct now).

Why such a change? 1) consistency with its contract, 2) cause when you
scan you rarely want to "leak" on classloaders and more important: 3)
cause performance wise it is really impacting. For findImplementation
for instance it x3 the execution time.

But since it is impacting I'm tempted to do a 4.0.0.

Any -1?+1?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/