geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject [RESULT] [VOTE] XBean 4.0
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:43:21 GMT
Counting votes it seems it passed:

+1s:  Alan D Cabrera, David Blevins, Romain Manni-Bucau
+0: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Struberg
-1: no

thank you all for your votes.

PS: ones having identified some issues would be welcomed to at least
open a jira explaining it and potentially proposing a fix if you
already have an idea to not forget them for 4.1

I'll publish binaries tonight.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> @David: it was filtering java.lang.Object since it was created, java.*
> filter just extend this logic since it will never works (excepted if
> you bring java.* in your app which is unlikely. That said method is
> protected to be able to override it.
>

> In all case (I think I mentionned it several times) 4.x x > 0 will
> make it more usable (OSGi, this if you think it is bad etc...). Main
> purpose was to get a first release fixing linking time and respecting
> the constructor contract
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>> On Aug 20, 2014, at 10:23 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The main changes are:
>> [...]
>>> skip java.* classes since we'll not get their bytecode for sure
>>> (protected method if needed)
>>
>> I'm not a fan of hard coding filtering inside the AnnotationFinder itself, so +1
under the condition that we remain open to revising this in a future release.