geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hendrik Dev <hendrikde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Your project uses a possibly LGPL dependency: com.icegreen.greenmail:greenmail
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 15:07:11 GMT
Hi Alan,

sure, i am glad if i can help you porting the tests.
Its beta because its new and not really proven.
If you don't have a problem with that there it is a chance for the lib
to mature which i would grab.

Regards
Hendrik

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Alan Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2014, at 12:54 PM, Hendrik Dev <hendrikdev22@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i am the author and IP holder of the "javamail mock2 library which"
>> maybe can be used an as alternative for greenmail here.
>> Its not exactly doing what greenmail is doing (mock2 is mocking
>> javamail classes like Folder, Transport, Store and so on and does not
>> emulate a mailserver on the protocol level) but normally this doesn't
>> matter.
>> I am also willing to donate the stuff to apache incubator if its
>> considered to be worthy and useful.
>>
>> Library is here: https://github.com/salyh/javamail-mock2 (AL License)
>
> Awesome!  If the library is published to maven.org, and I see that it is, then the only
work ahead is to port our tests to it.   Would you be interested in helping?

> I do notice that it's still in beta.  When do you anticipate a "regular" release?  I
don't think that this would stop us from porting our tests but as a user of the project I'm
just curious.

> Finally, there's no need for you to go to through the Incubator for use to use your project
in our tests.  However, there's no reason to for you to not go there if you think you could
grow a nice healthy community around it.