geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From rwengr <rwdonap...@bellsouth.net>
Subject No class found in dependency bundles - manifest issue?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:48:32 GMT
I put this post into development because I am trying to create a plugin.
Geronimo 3.0.0 (wasce), Maven 2, JDK 1.6_45.

Using car-maven-plugin I can successfully create a CAR file with
dependencies I want.  When I install the plugin from the web console, I see
all the dependencies.  All the dependencies get installed as bundles.

The plugin loads, but the Geronimo Bean in the module cannot start.

 Exception in thread "DefaultThreadPool 26" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xbean/spring/context/FileSystemXmlApplicationContext

Well, this class (pkg org.apache.xbean.spring.context) is in a dependency
(artifactId=xbean-spring) and xbean-spring-3.1.jar is an installed bundle.

However, if I check in the OSGI manager, the manifiest of this bundle in
Geronimo shows no "Export Package" statement on any of the status views.

The original artifact, xbean-spring-3.1.jar is NOT a bundle; just a POJ.  I
thought Geronimo was suppose to convert normal jar files to bundles.  If the
manifest created does not export anything, then how can anybody use its
contents in Geronimo?  Is a jar file compatible only if it has an original
bundle manifest?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS.