geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From rwengr <rwdonap...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Cannot load <module> package while installing plugin
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 19:00:05 GMT
Wasce (Ger 3.0.0) Maven 2.2.1 JDK 1.6.0_45

I am able to successfully compile and package a plugin with a module that
implements a Geronimo Bean.  I can create a CAR file with car-maven-plugin.
The deployment plan and geronimo-plugin.xml look OK.

I try to install the plugin using Web Page administrator tools.  This plugin
is a very simple example.

In the server log, I see the following:

2014-04-10 21:13:12,332 ERROR [PluginInstallerGBean] Unable to load
configuration.
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
com.packt.plugins/WorldClock/1.0.0/car failed
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle
"com.packt.plugins.WorldClock_1.0.0 [585]" could not be resolved. Reason:
Missing Constraint: Import-Package: com.packt.plugins; version="0.0.0"

But, here is the top level of the CAR file:

FOLDER - META-INF
FOLDER - OSGI-INF
WorldClockModule-1.0.0.jar

The contents of the manifest:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
Created-By: Apache Maven
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.packt.plugins.WorldClock
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Bundle-Activator: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.osgi.ConfigurationActivator
Import-Package: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.osgi,org.apache.geronimo.sy
 stem.serverinfo,org.osgi.framework,com.packt.plugins,org.apache.geron
 imo.gbean
DynamicImport-Package: *
Bundle-ClassPath: WorldClockModule-1.0.0.jar
Built-By: QEuser
Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_45

*Missing package com.packt.plugins is the jar file contained in the CAR
archive being provided to the plugin installer.  Why can't plugin installer
find it??*

I can make it work by installing the module bundle into Geronimo bundle
repository, but that means I have to update the bundle and the plugin every
time I deploy.

P.S. Tried command line deploy. Same results.