geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From rwengr <rwdonap...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Class Load Problem - Getter return type in wrong classloader
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 23:17:42 GMT
I am trying to compile and install a plugin (that implements a Geronimo
Bean).  I am using IBM WASCE so I have set my geronimo version set to 3.0.0.

I am able to create and install a bundle for the class that implements the
Geronimo Bean.

I am also able to create a CAR file for the plugin using car-maven-plugin
which creates a suitable looking deployment plan.

Even though I have this dependency when I build the CAR file, it does NOT
get included as part of the deployment plan.  When I try to load the plugin
it gets a class load error because GBeanLifeCycle is missing.

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-kernel</artifactId>
      <version>${geronimoVersion}</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.framework</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-system</artifactId>
      <version>${geronimoVersion}</version>
    </dependency>

So, I used the <EmbedDependency> instruction to force it to be included in
the bundle which is the main module.  The bundle installs OK.

Now, I no longer get a class not found error, but I do get this error.

2014-04-09 17:51:57,833 WARN  [ConfigurationUtil] Could not load gbean
com.fedex.web.qawebtech.wasce.plugin.ldap/directory/1.5.4/car?ServiceModule=com.fedex.web.qawebtech.wasce.plugin.ldap/directory/1.5.4/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=DirectoryService
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Getter return type
in wrong classloader: type: class org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfo wanted
in classloader:
org.apache.geronimo.hook.equinox.GeronimoClassLoader@3b46ad8b actual:
org.apache.geronimo.hook.equinox.GeronimoClassLoader@cffd0e7

ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE APPRECIATED !  THANKS