geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From rwengr <rwdonap...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: How to use car-maven-plugin to build a bundle repository and install bundles from there to Geronimo V3 server
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:05:19 GMT
I have some recent experience with this, but I am still learning.  I think
you can do this, but not sure.

You have to use the bundle plugin to create your bundle in a pom.xml, then
use that bundle as a dependency in another pom.xml that uses the
car-maven-plugin.

When you create the bundle, look at the instruction named
<Embed-Dependency>.  If you use something like
<Embed-Dependency>*;scope=!test</Embed-Dependency>, it will put the jar
files of all your dependencies into the bundle you really need.  You don't
want to put any test only dependencies in it.

Experiment with different instructions and then look at the contents of the
jar file created.

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html