geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From rwengr <>
Subject Request Geronimo 3 Bean example using annotation
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:30:46 GMT
I didn't see anything recent on this topic and the topic straddles the
user/developer boundary so I put it here.  I am trying to convert a 2.1
Geronimo bean to 3.0.1.  It compiles OK, but generates exceptions during
packaging.  Don't want to study Gernonimo 2 for Geronimo 3 specific problem.

My question is:

*Where can I find an example of a non-trivial Geronimo bean top level class
using ANNOTATIONS where the bean has attributes AND the attributes get
values (<config-xml-content> AND the bean also uses <copy-file>?*

It looks like source code for 2.1 bean is missing something and I would like
to use annotations from org.apache.geronimo.gbean.annotation.

The error during packaging I am trying to fix is:

[main] ERROR org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer - Deployment failed due
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfoFactoryException: Cannot create a
GBeanInfo for [], errors:
[org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfoFactoryException: Could not get
GBeanInfo from class:,
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.annotation.GBeanAnnotationException: Missing
default constructor]

It sounds like I a missing a setup component.

Sent from the Development mailing list archive at

View raw message