geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Geronimo 3.0.1
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 01:22:22 GMT
I think there used to be a profile that you were supposed to use when running the release plugin
-- at least release:prepare-- that would include all the modules, not just the ones you normally
build, so all the versions would get updated properly.

david jencks

On May 20, 2013, at 6:30 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will try option 2 first, if not work, will fall back to option 1. Any better idea,
please speak out.

> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, that's bad. Looks like maven release plugin was executed with
> -Pnoclustering option. Which means that the plugin won't process
> certain modules (update the version in poms) but since the plugin
> creates a tag from the branch, all source code will be included. So if
> you build from tag (or source zip or tar.gz) you might end up
> compiling code that was skipped by the release plugin.
> So, I guess if there is something we don't want to include in a
> release, we shouldn't rely on a profile option during a release but
> instead either 1) svn delete the modules we don't want before the
> release or 2) update poms appropriately so that modules we don't want
> aren't compiled by default before the release.
>
> Or any other better ideas?
>
> Jarek
>

> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've been trying off and on to get a clean build since Friday. I'm currently failing
with:

> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project geronimo-clustering-wadi: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-clustering-wadi:bundle:3.0.1-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact org.apache.geronimo.ext.tomcat:tribes:jar:7.0.39.1-SNAPSHOT in apache.snapshots
(http://repository.apache.org/snapshots) -> [Help 1]

> > I can try to clean out my maven repo. See if that helps. However:
> >
> > looks like a lot of pom.xml files have <parent>'s pointing to 3.0.1-SNAPSHOT.
Try running 'grep -Rni --include=pom.xml snapshot *'