geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Geronimo 3.0.1
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 15:25:01 GMT
Yes, that's bad. Looks like maven release plugin was executed with
-Pnoclustering option. Which means that the plugin won't process
certain modules (update the version in poms) but since the plugin
creates a tag from the branch, all source code will be included. So if
you build from tag (or source zip or tar.gz) you might end up
compiling code that was skipped by the release plugin.
So, I guess if there is something we don't want to include in a
release, we shouldn't rely on a profile option during a release but
instead either 1) svn delete the modules we don't want before the
release or 2) update poms appropriately so that modules we don't want
aren't compiled by default before the release.

Or any other better ideas?

Jarek

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been trying off and on to get a clean build since Friday. I'm currently failing
with:

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project geronimo-clustering-wadi: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-clustering-wadi:bundle:3.0.1-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact org.apache.geronimo.ext.tomcat:tribes:jar:7.0.39.1-SNAPSHOT in apache.snapshots
(http://repository.apache.org/snapshots) -> [Help 1]

> I can try to clean out my maven repo. See if that helps. However:
>
> looks like a lot of pom.xml files have <parent>'s pointing to 3.0.1-SNAPSHOT. Try
running 'grep -Rni --include=pom.xml snapshot *'