Hi,

in org.apache.xbean.finder.UrlSet#getUrls we rely on META-INF (or "") to find jars. There are cases where it doesn't work at all (a common case where i saw it is when you only have META-INF/MANIFEST.MF which is consider for a single entry and not META-INF then MANIFEST.MF - depends the build tool/zip format if i understood correctly)

the question are:
1) do we getresources("META-INF/MANIFEST.MF") too
2) why not simply querying the classloader which is very very often an URLClassLoader -> if (yes) return Arrays.asList(classLoader.getURLs()); else currentImpl;

The 2 seems less correct but in practise i think it is more efficient - we can do both too (testing URLClassLoader and if not adding MANIFEST.MF listing)

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/