geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject xbean finder getURLs()
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 07:22:36 GMT
Hi,

in org.apache.xbean.finder.UrlSet#getUrls we rely on META-INF (or "") to
find jars. There are cases where it doesn't work at all (a common case
where i saw it is when you only have META-INF/MANIFEST.MF which is consider
for a single entry and not META-INF then MANIFEST.MF - depends the build
tool/zip format if i understood correctly)

the question are:
1) do we getresources("META-INF/MANIFEST.MF") too
2) why not simply querying the classloader which is very very often an
URLClassLoader -> if (yes) return Arrays.asList(classLoader.getURLs());
else currentImpl;

The 2 seems less correct but in practise i think it is more efficient - we
can do both too (testing URLClassLoader and if not adding MANIFEST.MF
listing)

wdyt?

*Romain Manni-Bucau*