geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Java EE 7 API jars
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 20:57:10 GMT
Hi,
Is there any activity in the Geronimo community to create and house the API
jar files for Java EE 7 technologies, just like we've had available in the
past with previous spec levels?  Is this work has already been started,
could you point me at the JIRA or wiki or whatever is tracking this piece
of work?  If the work hasn't been started, how should we kickstart this
activity?

The Java EE 7 family of specifications is very near to being finalized.  It
would be great to have these API jar files available for those projects
that will be implementing the specifications.  And, I think the Geronimo
project is a great holding place.  Not that the Geronimo team has to do all
the work, but it would be good to have a central project.

Thanks,
Kevin Sutter
Apache OpenJPA PMC