geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: commons-annotation-1.2.MR2
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 06:29:28 GMT
I'm not sure what you're saying.  There are plenty of specs we've released that are final MRx's

IIRC we've dealt with the "don't claim it's final" by having a SNAPSHOT maven version and
a disclaimer somewhere and, well, not releasing it.

The micro version of an osgi version has to be numeric, here's the grammar:

version ::=
major( '.' minor ( '.' micro ( '.' qualifier )? )? )?

major ::= number

minor ::=number

micro ::=number
qualifier ::= ( alphanum | ’_’ | '-' )+

so MR2 won't work as the micro version.

For now I'd recommend 1.2.1.  I'll try to find out what the discussion on osgi versions for
javaee packages ended up with as a recommendation.

thanks
david jencks

On Apr 19, 2013, at 11:19 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> thats a legal thingy with the JCP rules.
>
> We must not release this as 'final' version if the spec is only a MR. Thus the next best
we can do is to add the MR2 to the version.

> LieGrue,
> strub

just keep it in the version for now?