geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java EE 7 API jars
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:09:06 GMT

On Apr 17, 2013, at 4:57 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any activity in the Geronimo community to create and house the API jar files
for Java EE 7 technologies, just like we've had available in the past with previous spec levels?
 Is this work has already been started, could you point me at the JIRA or wiki or whatever
is tracking this piece of work?  If the work hasn't been started, how should we kickstart
this activity?

> The Java EE 7 family of specifications is very near to being finalized.  It would be
great to have these API jar files available for those projects that will be implementing the
specifications.  And, I think the Geronimo project is a great holding place.  Not that the
Geronimo team has to do all the work, but it would be good to have a central project.

Hi Kevin,
Yes, there has been some work/discussion. Mark Struberg mentioned that he was going to start
work on commons-annotation-1.2.

I haven't seen any concerted effort to start building all Java 7 specs. Nor any effort to
track Java 7 spec creation. A Jira with sub-tasks is probably a good way to start. Perhaps
you want to give it a try? (Since it seems you may have an itch… ;-)

--kevan