geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Permission to translate your page at http://geronimo.apache.org/
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:30:06 GMT

On Apr 29, 2013, at 2:07 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I think there is no issue as long as you
>
> a.) prominently link to the Apache Geronimo page as origin of the info
> b.) follow the few guidelines listed in our Trademarks page http://apache.org/foundation/marks/

As our web site is licensed under Apache License v2, the terms of our license must also be
adhered to…

In general, we have no issue with translation of documentation. Even better, we encourage
the donation of translated documentation to the project. Geronimo documentation has been translated
to a number of languages: Spanish, French, Polish, Portuguese, and Japanese. See https://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo/

Note that this is almost certainly a scam. it's very likely that we are about to receive an
email requesting that we add a link back from our project to this translated documentation.
That is not going to happen. This is simply an attempt to increase the page rank of their
web site.

Anja, if that is your motivation for translating the documentation, please don't bother. We
will not link back to your website.

All, some background:

http://www.opensourcecatholic.com/blog/jeff-geerling/strange-requests
http://s.apache.org/translation_scam

There have been some other emails in the ASF on this topic…

--kevan