geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <>
Subject Re: geronimo.genesis
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 23:54:07 GMT

On Jan 31, 2013, at 7:57 AM, Mark Struberg <> wrote:

> Hi folks!
> I'm currently trying to fix a xbean compilation error on java7 platforms.
> Thus I stumbled over a very deep <parent> chain in our poms. There are 4 layers
of geronimo.genesis.... parent poms. And the top of them still point to an apache-parent in
the ancient version 6...
> Is this something to clean up?
> And if so: who is cleaning this up? :)

If you're looking for volunteers I suspect you won't find any :)  If you are the volunteer,
than I say go for it!

Certainly for something as tiny as xbean we don't need the complicated and outdated parent

View raw message