geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: migration of web site to svnpubsub
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 22:28:25 GMT

On Jan 2, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Yes, I was planning to do that once I had a bit more confidence in the
> modified export code. Btw, do you know how to deal with static files
> that are not exported from wiki? We have some additional files such as
> schema files, etc. that we need to publish on the web site.

Just checkout the "target" area and add them.   Things like javadocs, schemas, images, css
files, etc…  would all need to be handled that way.

Dan

> Thanks,
> Jarek
>

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Jarek,
>>
>> I would highly suggest that we try and keep all the changes to the exporter together
someplace (currently in CXF's repo, but we could move it, although since you are a committer
there, likely not needed to move).    If/when infrastructure updates the confluence version
from 3.4 to 4.x, the exporter WILL need to be updated as the SOAP API's that we use have changed
quite a bit in 4.x.    If we keep all the changes together in one place, we'll only need to
update it in one place instead of scattered throughout all the projects.

>> Dan
>>

>> On Dec 18, 2012, at 2:26 PM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I did some experiments with both approaches: 1) convert to Apache CMS,
>>> and 2) use Dan's site-export tool. I got a lot further with Dan's
>>> tool. I modified his code a bit so that it works with our existing
>>> templates (no need to modify our templates). However, there are at
>>> least two things that don't work right (yet): a) exporting news items
>>> / blogs, and b) cross wiki space links. I think I can fix b) but I'm
>>> not sure about a).
>>>
>>> Anyway, I just checked the wiki exporter code into
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/trunk/wiki-export.
>>> There is a README file that explains how to get things going. You will
>>> also need the templates from
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/trunk/template
>>>
>>> Jarek

January