geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDI-1.1 api
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:06:51 GMT

On Nov 27, 2012, at 3:41 PM, Mark Struberg wrote:

>> Hi Mark,
>> I'd suggest you start working in geronimo/specs. If you can submit an
>> incremental patch or two, that would be cool.
>

> Hi Kevan!
>
> Well, I better just svn copy it over to owb and do the hack over there. It's really pure
pita to do such changes via patches in SVN.
> Again: as you know we developed the original version in OWB and I know from this experience
that it's not a quick change but will take a month or two with going back and forth, doing
all the TCK, etc. That's not going to work out via patches I fear :/

> Of course we will svn move this back to geronimo/specs once we are finished! That way
we also do not loose any history, etc

Hi Mark,
I completely understand that developing the necessary changes and submitting as patches is
not a workable solution, for any length of time. However, I only expect this to be a problem
for you for a few days… I've already started the process to fix this problem. :) Barring
any issues, I expect it to be resolved by next week. Does that sound ok, to you?

--kevan