geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From AnthonyI <etm...@att.net>
Subject Deploying RESTful web services on Geronimo 3.0/CXF
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 22:34:52 GMT
I am trying to implement RESTful web services and started with the
converter-jaxws example. I am on Geronimo 3.0 with the
GERONIMO_OPTS=-Dorg.apache.geronimo.jaxws.provider=cxf set. I am getting
this exception when I try to deploy. Can anyone provide an explanation?

2012-10-22 17:59:57,667 ERROR [DeploymentPortlet] The application was not
deployed.
POJO web service: ConverterService not configured by any web service builder
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: POJO web service:
ConverterService not configured by any web service builder
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.addGBeans(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:636)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.addGBeans(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:174)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:764)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:256)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:140)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:131)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:883)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:245)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance
AnthonyI