geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to install a set of OSGi bundles as Geronimo plugins in Geronimo v3
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 21:48:03 GMT

On Sep 4, 2012, at 12:29 PM, Dileepa Jayakody wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to install a set of osgi bundles as Geronimo plugins (rather than installing
bundles one by one)?

yes, that is how the geronimo serve is assembled.  You will end up with an irrelevant plugin
bundle, but that won't hurt much.

I recommend creating the plugin the way we do in geronimo, with a maven project using the
geronimo car packaging.  The (transitive) maven dependencies of the maven project will get
added as plugin dependencies and installed when you install the plugin.  Note that this uses
maven coordinates and a maven repo for the bundles, not a bundle repository.

You can then either install your geronimo plugin into an existing geronimo server or construct
a custom server including your plugin.

hope this helps
david jencks

> I deployed the set of bundles as /hotbundles but they don't go into the repository. Is
there a way to install a bundle set as Geronimo plugins?
> (Maybe integrate the bundles when building a Geronimo distribution ? or give the location
of my set of bundles as a bundle repository?)