Yes, Tomcat is the sevlet container provider if you are using geronimo tomcat assembly.

2012/8/28 Dileepa Jayakody <dileepa@wso2.com>
Hi Ivan,

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com> wrote:
After having a glance at the jar file, it is required to involve a servlet container to serve the http service function. Think the link below should be helpful.

Geronimo provides tomcat as the servlet container under the hood isn't it?

Thanks,
Dileepa

[1]  http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/server/http_in_container.php