geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dileepa Jayakody <dile...@wso2.com>
Subject Deploying a set of osgi bundles in Geronimo V3 and consume http service
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 06:46:49 GMT
Hi all,

We are trying out Geronimo V3 to deploy a set of our bundles (150+) , and
consume the osgi httpService by our components to dynamically register
servlets and resources.
I deployed the bundles as hotbundles in Geronimo. These bundles use some
configuration files stored externally (eg:repository/conf). I have set the
locations as system.properties in Geronimo and successfully loaded  them.
When starting Geronimo after copying the set of our bundles into
/hotbundles it takes a significant startup time to complete (100% 255s
Startup complete). Some bundles didn't get deployed from /hotbundles and
resulted in several unresolved dependencies to other bundles. I also
notices the server response when navigating the Geronimo console is very
slow.
Could this be due to deploying a large set of bundles from hotbundles? Is
it recommended?
Can somebody give some advice on standards & best practises in deploying a
large set of bundles with their own configs and datasources in Geronimo v3?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Dileepa