geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Weberhofer <jweberho...@weberhofer.at>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) v3.0.0 Release
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 20:46:58 GMT
Thank you John for the great work!

May I suggest to remove the old stuff from the update site? I think, it's not useful for the
average user to see lot's of old plugins there:

* Apache Geronimo Runtime
   - Geronimo 2.1.1 (Jetty) Runtime
   - Geronimo 2.1.1 (Tomcat) Runtime

* Geronimo WTP Server Adapter
   - Geronimo Core Feature 2.1.1
   - Geronimo v1.0 Server Adapter 2.0.0
   - Geronimo v1.1.x Server Adapter 2.0.0
   - Geronimo v2.0 Server Adapter 2.1.2
   - Geronimo v2.1 Server Adapter 2.1.8
   - Geronimo v2.2 Server Adapter 2.2.1
   - Geronimo v3.0 Server Adapter 3.0.0

Except the v3.0 Server Adapter all other stuff seems to be obsolete, as everything except
the v1.0 Adapter (does anybody use that? A very old eclipse version is needed, too) seem to
be included in v3.0.

I think, also there should be only one version in future. Maybe the plugin-update process
could be improved, too?

Best regards,
Johannes

Am 06.08.12 10:35, schrieb Yi Xiao:
> The Apache Geronimo project is pleased to announce the available of Apache Geronimo Eclipse
Plugin v3.0.0. It provides support for eclipse 3.7, 3.8, 4.2 and latest Geronimo server 3.0.0

> Visit the link to GEP 3.0.0 release notes:
> http://apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/updates/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-3.0.0.txt
>
> The new version have been available through eclipse update site now.
> http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/updates/
>
> For manual installation, GEP 3.0.0 can be downloaded from
> http://apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/3.0.0/
>
> Thank you all for the contributions to this release!  Great work everyone!
>
> --
> Best regards!

        John Xiao

--