>From memory 2.1.x supports ServerProxy which allows you to test IsFullyStarted as a bool.

I have a start test written using the ServerProxy to interface over JMX.

I'll forward this to myself at work and can confirm in the morning.

Cheers
Dave

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Zhi Xie <daxiezhi@gmail.com> wrote:
I need to write a script  in linux which starts a geronimo server, and deploy a war on it. So I need to know when could I start to deploy.

I know geronimo3.0 don't support gshell, and I see there is a command wait-for-server in gshell commands. So I guess there is maybe a reference.
The other solution is from my colleage to judge if the geronimo server starts by the started successfully message in the server.out.

Does anybody know how does the wait-for-server work or provide a better solution?