On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
-1

The source archive is MS-DOS formatted. This causes errors like:

./bin/dbscripts/derby/createDerbyDB.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

our use of native file encoding in this case, is not quite appropriate…

After fixing the MS-DOS format of the shell script, I got this:

$ GERONIMO_HOME=/Users/kevan/tmp/release/server/geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0.0/ ./createDerbyDB.sh
GERONIMO_HOME=/Users/kevan/tmp/release/server/geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0.0/ ./createDerbyDB.sh
Invoking IJ command line tool to create the database and tables...please wait
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/derby/tools/ij
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.tools.ij
Table creation complete

This is caused because DERBY_VER in the createDerbyDB.sh script is incorrect.
Kevan, with Tina's comment, do you still think this small issue will stop this samples release?

--kevan

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest