geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo 3.0.0 (3rd Try)
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 22:05:37 GMT

> I'm a little confused by the LICENSE and NOTICE in the source.  I've been telling people
for years that these should apply to what is actually in the source, however these appear
to be the ones appropriate for the binary distros.  For instance they point to files in the
repository folder which only exists in the binary distro.

That can be debated. And I've seen both styles used. I'm not sure which style I prefer. Separate
source and binary license files may be more accurate, but they also may be misinterpreted.
I do agree that license/notice in jar files should be source licenses…

In any event, the current source LICENSE file clearly indicates what applies to source and
binaries. A consumer of the source should be able to easily sort out what applies/doesn't
apply… So, I'm fine with it as is…

--kevan