geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Yi Xiao <>
Subject [Vote] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) 3.0.0 RC2
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:05:58 GMT
Hi devs,

I've changed all the SNAPSHOT in testsuite and add the SLF4J license.

Please help to review and vote on the release of Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
(GEP) 3.0.0 RC2.

GEP 3.0.0 supports Geronimo server 3.0.0, 2.2.1, 2.1.7 and Eclipse 3.7,
3.8, 4.2.

[Known issue]
1. GEP 3.0.0 uses maven-eclipsepde-plugin v1.1, which means it can not be
built successfully on 64bit win7 and 64bit macos. See following JIRAs for
- Could not
build GEP3.0 under win7-64bit
- Could not
build GEP3.0 under macos-64bit
2. Also, please use maven v2.2.1 to build GEP 3.0.0 as following JIRA is
still open.
- Can not build
GEP with maven 3.0
3. The plugins/ uses W3C
license and plugins/
uses Eclipse Public License,  so the rat check on them are failed.

The source code zip is here:

The tag is here:

The deployable zip file is here:

The p2 repo zip file is here:

Notice: As update site format is not recommend in eclipse, now only provide
the p2 format.

If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, you can
find it here:

Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update
manager functions of  Eclipse (Indigo SR2 and Juno):

The vote will be open for the 72-hour minimum.

[  ] +1 about time to push this out the door
[  ]  0 no opinion
[  ] -1 not this one  (please explain why)
Best regards!

                 John Xiao

View raw message