geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) 3.0.0 RC3
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:28:26 GMT
Looks good. Here's my +1.

One note -- the slf4j entry in the NOTICE file is not necessary. We comply with the terms
of the SLF4J license:

"The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. "

By including the SLF4J license in our LICENSE file, we meet the requirements of their license.
No need to replicate the copyright in the NOTICE file. This is minor, IMO. And I'm ok with
the NOTICE, as-is.

--kevan

On Jul 23, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Yi Xiao wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Please help to review and vote on the release of Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) 3.0.0
RC3.

> GEP 3.0.0 supports Geronimo server 3.0.0, 2.2.1, 2.1.7 and Eclipse 3.7, 3.8, 4.2.
>
> [Known issue]
> 1. GEP 3.0.0 uses maven-eclipsepde-plugin v1.1, which means it can not be built successfully
on 64bit win7 and 64bit macos. See following JIRAs for details.
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-737 Could not build GEP3.0 under
win7-64bit
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-674 Could not build GEP3.0 under
macos-64bit
> 2. Also, please use maven v2.2.1 to build GEP 3.0.0 as following JIRA is still open.
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-694 Can not build GEP with maven
3.0
> 3. The plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v11.schemas/v11/xml.xsd uses W3C license and plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.schemas/v30/persistence_2_0.xsd
uses Eclipse Public License,  so the rat check on them are failed.

> The source code zip is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-071/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/geronimo-eclipse-plugin/3.0.0/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-071/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/geronimo-eclipse-plugin/3.0.0/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.tar.gz
>
> The tag is here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0/
>
> The deployable zip file is here:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/3.0.0/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0-deployable.zip
>
> The p2 repo zip file is here:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/3.0.0/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0-p2repo.zip
>
> Notice: As update site format is not recommend in eclipse, now only provide the p2 format.
>
> If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, you can find it here:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/updates/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-3.0.0.txt
>
> Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update manager functions
of  Eclipse (Indigo SR2 and Juno):

> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/updates/
>
> The vote will be open for the 72-hour minimum.
>
> [  ] +1 about time to push this out the door
> [  ]  0 no opinion
> [  ] -1 not this one  (please explain why)
> --
> Best regards!

       John Xiao