geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Weberhofer <jweberho...@weberhofer.at>
Subject Re: [Vote] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) 3.0.0 RC3
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:53:48 GMT
Thank you!

It compiles nicely under OpenSuse 12.1 64bit; I have tested and
deployed one of our Geronimo 2.2 applications usind the plugin provided
from your staging-site. Great! Here is my

+1

Johannes

Am Tue Jul 24 04:22:48 2012 schrieb Yi Xiao:
> I build the source on ubuntu 10.04 64bit, run rat check and test run some simple web
apps against the release, it works fine, so my
>  +1
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Yi Xiao <xiaoyijhondevelop@gmail.com <mailto:xiaoyijhondevelop@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>     Hi devs,
>
>     Please help to review and vote on the release of Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) 3.0.0
RC3.

>     GEP 3.0.0 supports Geronimo server 3.0.0, 2.2.1, 2.1.7 and Eclipse 3.7, 3.8, 4.2.
>
>     [Known issue]
>     1. GEP 3.0.0 uses maven-eclipsepde-plugin v1.1, which means it can not be built successfully
on 64bit win7 and 64bit macos. See following JIRAs for details.
>     - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-737 Could not build GEP3.0
under win7-64bit
>     - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-674 Could not build GEP3.0
under macos-64bit
>     2. Also, please use maven v2.2.1 to build GEP 3.0.0 as following JIRA is still open.
>     - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-694 Can not build GEP with
maven 3.0
>     3. The plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v11.schemas/v11/xml.xsd uses W3C license and
plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.schemas/v30/persistence_2_0.xsd uses Eclipse Public License,
 so the rat check on them are failed.

>     The source code zip is here:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-071/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/geronimo-eclipse-plugin/3.0.0/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.zip
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-071/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/geronimo-eclipse-plugin/3.0.0/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0-source-release.tar.gz
>
>     The tag is here:
>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0/
>
>     The deployable zip file is here:
>     http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/3.0.0/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0-deployable.zip
>
>     The p2 repo zip file is here:
>     http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/3.0.0/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0.0-p2repo.zip
>
>     Notice: As update site format is not recommend in eclipse, now only provide the p2
format.

>     If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, you can find it
here:
>     http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/updates/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-3.0.0.txt
>
>     Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update manager
functions of  Eclipse (Indigo SR2 and Juno):

>     http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/updates/
>
>     The vote will be open for the 72-hour minimum.
>
>     [  ] +1 about time to push this out the door
>     [  ]  0 no opinion
>     [  ] -1 not this one  (please explain why)
>     --
>     Best regards!

           John Xiao

> --