geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Weberhofer <jweberho...@weberhofer.at>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Prepare to release GEP3.0.0
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:38:35 GMT

Am 13.07.12 07:54, schrieb Yi Xiao:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> Thank you for your comments. I think it's a good suggestion :)
>
> The only risk is that the previous releases like 2.1.7, 2.2.1 have separated the fixed
code in each branch, so we need to
> get all the fix code and merge into 3.0 branch. I think we could create a task to complete
it.

That sounds good. I have always thought, that all patches go to trunk first - as the 3.0.0
version offers connectors to most Geronimo versions.

Johannes

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Johannes Weberhofer <jweberhofer@weberhofer.at <mailto:jweberhofer@weberhofer.at>>
wrote:

>     Dear John!
>
>     I'll like to bring this into discussion again:
>
>     Is it really necessary, to have so many GEP versions in parallel? Shouldn't there
be always one version which supports all current Geronimo versions?

>     Currently, there is eg. GEP_2.1.7 (when I'm right), which supports G<2.1.7; GEP_2.2
supports G=2.2 and G<2.1.2 (or similar) etc.

>     I think, that's confusing for someone who likes to install the GEP plugins. I'd recomment
to remove all the older versions, and have only one recent version. 3.0.0 could support everything
up to 3.0.0; in case a G2.2.1 will be released, there could be a new GEP 3.0.0.1, which adds
support to that...

<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/3.0> to
track the code for release, the base line is @1344906 in trunk,
>         I didn't create the branch from the latest revision as GERONIMODEVTOOLS-796 and
GERONIMODEVTOOLS-791 also need the server supports, but Geronimo3.0.0 has been released.

>         However, I will merge other important jiras after 796 into GEP3.0.0 for better
user experience and then follow the release process.

>         Have any other suggestions?
>
>         --
>         Best regards!

                John Xiao