geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Samples 3.0.0
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 12:30:20 GMT
-1

The source archive is MS-DOS formatted. This causes errors like:

./bin/dbscripts/derby/createDerbyDB.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

our use of native file encoding in this case, is not quite appropriateā€¦

After fixing the MS-DOS format of the shell script, I got this:

$ GERONIMO_HOME=/Users/kevan/tmp/release/server/geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0.0/ ./createDerbyDB.sh

GERONIMO_HOME=/Users/kevan/tmp/release/server/geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0.0/ ./createDerbyDB.sh

Invoking IJ command line tool to create the database and tables...please wait

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/derby/tools/ij

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.tools.ij

Table creation complete

This is caused because DERBY_VER in the createDerbyDB.sh script is incorrect.

--kevan