geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review status of G 3.0.0 release goals
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:08:46 GMT

On Jun 26, 2012, at 10:17 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Jun 25, 2012, at 12:04 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>
> > Echo Jarek's response here in dev list again:
> >
> > So it looks like we have quite a bit of failures on Jetty. I guess we
> > either have to drop it from the release (if we want to release soon)
> > or try to fix it and delay the release. Thoughts?
> >
> > My thought is to drop jetty release for 3.0.0 and roll out tomcat assembly asap.
Any more thoughts about 3.0.0 release??

> We certainly can't record jetty as a certified release. Nor does there appear to be sufficient
energy in the community to certify in the near future.

> Can you be a bit more explicit in what you're proposing?
>
> For beta-1, Jetty was released and marked as a non-certified release.
>
> Are you proposing to:
>
> 1) release tomcat/jetty source and binaries, but mark jetty binaries as non-certified,
> 2) remove jetty from the build, but keep in source tree and only release tomcat binaries
> #2 would be what I want to proceed
> 3) remove jetty from the source tree, and only release tomcat-based source and binaries

Forrest, in the future, I encourage you to include the user community in these types of major
decisions. I also encourage you to bring discussions like this to a close, before acting upon
them. By this, I mean -- say that you believe we've reached consensus and that you intend
to generate a release based on this...

--kevan