geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release bval-jsr303 bundle 0.4_1
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 15:33:34 GMT

On May 15, 2012, at 9:11 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> checksum/signature, build, rat, source, license/notice -- all look fine.
>
> Here's my +1, but I have a few comments/questions.
>
> 1. velocity.log need not be in svn. best that we remove…
> velocity.log is not in the svn, and I noticed it's in the source zip only, and think
it might be auto-introduced during release process with maven release plugin.
> 2. why does geronimo need a bundle release of bval? any reason why our requirements have
not/cannot be pushed into BVAL?
> Geronimo needs some integration code in ValidationParser.java. And the 0.4 release of
bval itself is not a bundle either.

Have we asked the bval community to add the integration code?

Could have fooled me… http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/bval/org.apache.bval.bundle/0.4/

> 3. why is there a CDDL license and note in the NOTICE file?
> I have no idea why there is a CDDL license resource there, anyone else know the history?

'svn log' or 'svn blame' (or 'svn praise' depending on what kind of mood you're in) are usually
a good first step.

svn log https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/bundles/tags/bval-jsr303-0.3_1-incubating/src/main/appended-resources/META-INF/NOTICE.vm

So, following commit seems to be the culprit http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-scm/201108.mbox/%3C20110825040758.424F823889EA@eris.apache.org%3E

I assume the basic framework was copied from the jstl bundle. The NOTICE is wrong. More importantly,
it does not include the BVAL NOTICE. So, we are not complying with the AL. This changes things
and needs to be fixed, IMO.

Here's my -1.

--kevan