I'm not sure I understand the value of the global properties.  Wouldn't you get the same effect by turning off the appropriate module builder or module builder extension? or in some cases a gbean?

For applications, if I understand correctly, even if we had single-pass annotation scanning, this could be useful to indicate that an implementation bundled in the application should be used rather than the one supplied by geronimo?  I think that is a sufficiently valuable use case so I'm in favor of this idea.  I guess if we're going to have application level properties like this then having global ones as well makes sense even if they are redundant.

thanks
david jencks