geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating Configuring Virtual Host in Tomcat, for G3.0
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:50:15 GMT
Hi, I think that the GBean way to construct the server will be still there,
while there are two ways, one is as you did in the past, configure many
GBean instances, including connector gbean, container gbean, and etc.
Another type is to define a TomcatServerGBean, and provide a server.xml,
which is the recommended one. For the first way, we are still maintaining
that, you may see that there are some changes recently for adding some new
Tomcat parameters.

For your scenario, with the later one, I am thinking whether you could do
it in the following way, create a plain jar file, including a
geronimo-service.xml file, which configures a TomcatServerGBean and
TomcatContainer GBean, and there may also some customized Tomcat
implementations in that jar file, then deploy it to those remote server to
have a new Tomcat server instance created.

--
Ivan