geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Use reference:file URL for installing the bundles in repository
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:53:19 GMT
Now in Geronimo, we are using mvn protocol to install the bundles to the
OSGi runtime, with this, all the bundles in the repository will have
another copy in the cache, considering the getRealPath support, we may have
three copies of the deployed applications in the server directory. I am
thinking to use the reference:file to install the bundles, and those
deployed applications in the repository directory will be extracted, as
what we do in Geronimo 2.* versions. Actually, I have changed to use
reference:file protocol to install the temp bundle in the deployment
process in the past.

Remembered that there is some discussion for this in the past, but not get
a final result. Also, I am not familiar with the changes in trunk now, not
sure whether this is also applicable for it, Thoughts ?

--
Ivan