geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Geronimo release cycle
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:48:47 GMT
Saw this query, have an idea about the current release roadmap.

1. Can we move the current incomplete trunk work to version 4 of geronimo?
2. Rename 3.0-beta branch as the formal 3.0 release?

Any thoughts?

Forrest

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arsen Abdrakhmanov <arsen.abdrakhmanov@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Subject: Geronimo release cycle
To: user@geronimo.apache.org

Dear Geronimo Team,

Actually, I am the fan of geronimo for more than 5 years already.
For the moment, I am promoting the usage of Geronimo as a platform for
non-critical applications in our company (banking industry in KZ).
According to our company's internal policy, only official releases of
open-source software products can be used for internal applications.

Currently, the release cycle for Geronimo is about an year or even longer,
so it takes significant amount of time before we could use an updated
version of software with bug fixes and enhancements.

Taking that into account, can you give any information on your plans to
accelerate the release cycle for new versions of Geronimo?

I think, it would be very useful for the whole geronimo user community, if
the releases were published at least semi-anually.
Hope, it can also increase the popularity of Geronimo among other
application servers.

Best regards,
Arsen Abdrakhmanov

--