geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: Build hangs in Geronimo Plugins, System Database :: System Database 3.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 22:35:25 GMT
I use eris.apache.org (140.211.11.4) without issue - today at least.

I am located in Illinois. I am plugged into the Illinois Century Network which
connects directly to the major backbone in Chicago.

140.211.11.4 is in Oregon, south of Portland.

If your connection is timing out, there may be a high load of traffic going
through one of your upstream ISPs. Being able to ping a server is different from
maintaining a connection without dropped packets.

-RG