geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: Build hangs in Geronimo Plugins, System Database :: System Database 3.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 15:26:44 GMT
I have not been able to build 3.0 trunk as well. I have not reported it because
I know that since the 3.0-beta-1 release we have been doing some heavy lifting
in the code.

Have you tried building the 3.0-beta branch instead? We are committing bug fixes
to both trunk and 3.0-beta
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/3.0-beta

While 3.0 trunk is not able to be compiled, the nightly SNAPSHOT assemblies are
also not available for trunk builds.
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/geronimo/assemblies/
(Note the .zip and .tar.gz files are from Dec 20)

It would be nice if we could make nightly builds available for the 3.0-beta
branch while Geronimo is in beta. It would help us help our community test our
Beta progress. Without a nightly build, I believe it will prevent general
involvement.

-RG