geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From uromahn <urom...@paypal.com>
Subject Re: Build hangs in Geronimo Plugins, System Database :: System Database 3.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 01:09:36 GMT
Quick update on my reported exception during build:

Here is the "offending line" in the master pom.xml:

            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.servicemix.bundles</groupId>
                <artifactId>org.apache.servicemix.bundles.asm</artifactId>
                <version>3.3_2</version>
            </dependency>

which gets transferred down to the geronimo-kernel bundle.
However, when Geronimo gets launched, the only bundle loaded by Felix is the
org.ow2.asm.asm-all/4.0 bundle.

I am analyzing how to potentially fix this but it appears tricky as
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.TemporaryClassLoader depends on
org.objectweb.asm.commons.EmptyVisitor which apparently has been removed in
version 4 of asm. I will probably have to look at the sources of asm 3.x and
4.0 and compare what happened to the EmptyVisitor and how to potentially
replace it with something equivalent.

But, here is the good news: there is only one reference to EmptyVisitor in
the entire Geronimo code base, so the issue is fairly contained.

I will post any update and hopefully come up with a patch.