geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From uromahn <urom...@paypal.com>
Subject Re: Build hangs in Geronimo Plugins, System Database :: System Database 3.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:14:49 GMT
Russel,

thank you for taking the time and explain this to me in such a detail.

To get you understand, here is why I wanted to give 3.0-trunk a try.

As I mentioned, we are working on an OSGI-based POC that is currently using
Apache Karaf 2.2.5. However, we would like to use some of the JEE
features/services and instead of adding those capabilities to Karaf, I
wanted to leverage G3. Unfortunately, I am unable to deploy our current
application to 3.0-beta and hence I must assume that it is not 100%
OSGI-compliant and hence the attempted switch to 3.0-trunk which is
essentially Karaf 3.0-SNAPSHOP plus all the JEE capabilities around it.

On the other side, I think I start to understand your reasoning now and will
try the latest 3.0-beta branch and see if I am more successful with that.

Unfortunately, at this moment in time (and since about 1 1/2 hours) the
Apache SVN server seems to be down and I can't get the 3.0-beta branch.

-Uli