geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From uromahn <urom...@paypal.com>
Subject Re: Build hangs in Geronimo Plugins, System Database :: System Database 3.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:02:22 GMT
Hi Russell,

thank you for your reply.

Two things:
1. Having a project that is unable to build since last December does not
give me a lot of confidence in the project itself.
2. We are actually doing some POC work here that does *not* work with
Geronimo 3.0-beta as we are not using the standard JEE model and some of the
standard OSGI features that come with Karaf are not working in that version.
As a result I would rather wait until we have a more stable trunk.

Some additional notes about #1 above: I completely understand that
introducing significant changes to a complex project such as Geronimo is
complex and may break things - I have worked on complex software projects
myself and have worked through various refactoring efforts.
However, if one introduces such changes, it is always a good idea to do the
refactoring in small enough steps in order to not break the build for too
long and disrupt the continuous integration process.
I am wondering how we are supposed to test the trunk if there is no chance
to build it!

Sorry if I am too blunt about this but this is very frustrating. Geronimo
was an excellent project until now and this situation is starting to destroy
my confidence in it.