geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Forrest Xia (Commented) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (GERONIMO-6284) Cannot deploy to multiple instances, deploy expects GERONIMO_HOME/var/
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 04:01:49 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6284?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13215356#comment-13215356
] 

Forrest Xia commented on GERONIMO-6284:
---------------------------------------

Hi Russell,

See change http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=1291886 for how to fix the start
failure when deploying to the new target.

Thanks for continuous testing.

Forrest
                
> Cannot deploy to multiple instances, deploy expects GERONIMO_HOME/var/
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: GERONIMO-6284
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6284
>             Project: Geronimo
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>      Security Level: public(Regular issues) 
>          Components: deployment
>    Affects Versions: 3.0-beta-1
>         Environment: Linux x86, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)
>            Reporter: Russell E Glaue
>            Assignee: Forrest Xia
>            Priority: Minor
>              Labels: geronimo
>
> Cannot deploy to a Geronimo Instance. Deploy expects GERONIMO_HOME/var/...
> Create a new Geronimo instance as documented in https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC30/running-multiple-geronimo-instances.html
> - remove GERONIMO_HOME/etc
> - remove GERONIMO_HOME/var
> - create the empty file GERONIMO_HOME/var
> Start the Geronimo instance as follows:
> {noformat:borderStyle=solid}
> linux$ cd /opt/geronimo3/gserv1
> linux$ env JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk1.6.0 GERONIMO_SERVER=gserv1 /opt/geronimo3/bin/geronimo
run
> {noformat}
> Create a second repository for the new instance
> - mkdir {{gserv1/repository}}
> - Create {{gserv1/repository.xml}} as documented in https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC30/configuring-multiple-repositories.html
> {noformat:borderStyle=solid}
> <module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
>  <environment>
>   <moduleId>
>    <groupId>org.example.configs</groupId>
>     <artifactId>myrepo</artifactId>
>     <version>2.2</version>
>     <type>car</type>
>   </moduleId>
>   <dependencies>
>    <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.framework</groupId>
>     <artifactId>j2ee-system</artifactId>
>     <version>2.2</version>
>     <type>car</type>
>    </dependency>
>   </dependencies>
>   <hidden-classes/>
>   <non-overridable-classes/>
>  </environment>
>  <gbean name="Repo2" class="org.apache.geronimo.system.repository.Maven2Repository">
>    <attribute name="root">gserv1/repository/</attribute>
>    <attribute name="resolveToServer">false</attribute>
>    <reference name="ServerInfo">
>     <name>ServerInfo</name>
>    </reference>
>  </gbean>
>  <gbean name="Local2" class="org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.RepositoryConfigurationStore">
>   <reference name="Repository">
>    <name>Repo2</name>
>   </reference>
>  </gbean>
> </module>
> {noformat}
> Deploy the repository.xml file
> {noformat:borderStyle=solid}
> linux$ cd /opt/geronimo3
> linux$ env JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk1.6.0 GERONIMO_SERVER=gserv1 /opt/geronimo3/bin/deploy -port
1199 deploy /opt/geronimo3/gserv1/repository.xml
> {noformat}
> The following error results:
> {noformat:borderStyle=solid}
> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /opt/geronimo3
> Using GERONIMO_SERVER: /opt/geronimo3/gserv1
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: /opt/geronimo3/gserv1/var/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/jdk1.6.0_25/jre
> 2012-02-21 15:33:44,695 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in the FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.framework/online-deployer/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/online-deployer/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=AttributeManager"
> java.io.IOException: Unable to create directory for list:/opt/geronimo3/var/config
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.ensureParentDirectory(LocalAttributeManager.java:607)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.load(LocalAttributeManager.java:352)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.doStart(LocalAttributeManager.java:561)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:1000)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:271)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:105)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:555)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.attemptFullStart(GBeanDependency.java:110)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.addTarget(GBeanDependency.java:145)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency$1.running(GBeanDependency.java:119)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:176)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.access$300(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:45)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBroadcaster.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:254)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:301)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:105)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:127)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:569)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:386)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:466)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConfiguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:220)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.osgi.BootActivator.start(BootActivator.java:70)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalStart(EquinoxLauncher.java:271)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.start(EquinoxLauncher.java:241)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.start(Equinox.java:258)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.FrameworkLauncher.launchOSGiFramework(FrameworkLauncher.java:185)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.FrameworkLauncher.launch(FrameworkLauncher.java:166)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.Bootstrapper.execute(Bootstrapper.java:47)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:32)
> 2012-02-21 15:33:44,704 ERROR [LocalAttributeManager] Caught exception java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/opt/geronimo3/var/config/config-substitutions.properties (Not a directory) trying to write
properties file /opt/geronimo3/var/config/config-substitutions.properties
> 2012-02-21 15:33:44,708 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in the FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.framework/online-deployer/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/online-deployer/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=ServerAttributeManager"
> java.io.IOException: Unable to create directory for list:/opt/geronimo3/var/config
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.ensureParentDirectory(LocalAttributeManager.java:607)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.load(LocalAttributeManager.java:352)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.doStart(LocalAttributeManager.java:561)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:1000)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:271)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:105)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:555)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.attemptFullStart(GBeanDependency.java:110)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.addTarget(GBeanDependency.java:145)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency$1.running(GBeanDependency.java:119)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:176)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.access$300(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:45)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBroadcaster.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:254)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:301)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:105)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:127)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:569)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:386)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:466)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConfiguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:220)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.osgi.BootActivator.start(BootActivator.java:70)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalStart(EquinoxLauncher.java:271)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.start(EquinoxLauncher.java:241)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.start(Equinox.java:258)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.FrameworkLauncher.launchOSGiFramework(FrameworkLauncher.java:185)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.FrameworkLauncher.launch(FrameworkLauncher.java:166)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.Bootstrapper.execute(Bootstrapper.java:47)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:32)
> 2012-02-21 15:33:44,719 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in the FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.framework/online-deployer/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/online-deployer/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=AttributeManager"
> java.io.IOException: Unable to create directory for list:/opt/geronimo3/var/config
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.ensureParentDirectory(LocalAttributeManager.java:607)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.load(LocalAttributeManager.java:352)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.doStart(LocalAttributeManager.java:561)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:1000)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:271)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:105)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:127)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:569)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:386)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:466)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConfiguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:220)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.osgi.BootActivator.start(BootActivator.java:70)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalStart(EquinoxLauncher.java:271)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.start(EquinoxLauncher.java:241)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.start(Equinox.java:258)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.FrameworkLauncher.launchOSGiFramework(FrameworkLauncher.java:185)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.FrameworkLauncher.launch(FrameworkLauncher.java:166)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.Bootstrapper.execute(Bootstrapper.java:47)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:32)
> 2012-02-21 15:33:44,722 ERROR [LocalAttributeManager] Caught exception java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/opt/geronimo3/var/config/config-substitutions.properties (Not a directory) trying to write
properties file /opt/geronimo3/var/config/config-substitutions.properties
> 2012-02-21 15:33:44,724 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in the FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.framework/online-deployer/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/online-deployer/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=ServerAttributeManager"
> java.io.IOException: Unable to create directory for list:/opt/geronimo3/var/config
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.ensureParentDirectory(LocalAttributeManager.java:607)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.load(LocalAttributeManager.java:352)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.doStart(LocalAttributeManager.java:561)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:1000)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:271)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:105)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:127)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:569)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:386)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:466)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.loadBootstrapConfiguration(ConfigurationUtil.java:220)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.system.osgi.BootActivator.start(BootActivator.java:70)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalStart(EquinoxLauncher.java:271)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.start(EquinoxLauncher.java:241)
> 	at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.start(Equinox.java:258)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.FrameworkLauncher.launchOSGiFramework(FrameworkLauncher.java:185)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.FrameworkLauncher.launch(FrameworkLauncher.java:166)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.main.Bootstrapper.execute(Bootstrapper.java:47)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:32)
> Main not found
> {noformat}
> Issue: deployer is referencing GERONIMO_HOME/var/config
> Solution: deployer should reference GERONIMO_SERVER/var/config

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message