geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: Add name-value configuration entry for the deployment scope ?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:29:26 GMT
I think it would be really terrific if the properties that are typically
provided on the command line at startup could be instead, optionally, defined in
a configuration file. Better yet if these can be configured via the portlet.

If Geronimo is to be used in a web server farm of dozens of nodes, there needs
to be a way to remotely administer all properties. And if all properties can be
setup in a config file and no longer need to be passed on the command line, this
would enhance the ability for remote administration. The goal being the
administrator never has to login to the server to deploy new Geronimo instances
and administer them.

-RG