geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mandatory svnpubsub migration by Jan 2013
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 15:47:27 GMT

On Feb 9, 2012, at 8:54 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> Thank you for this information.
>
> My home network is a little bit slow to open the urls, whatever, some questions first
in my mind first, what's the impact to our geronimo web site? will need to move https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/
to another server to use svnpubsub?

> Any impact to our documentation system - confluence?

Forrest,
One minor point, please don't cross-post to public and private mailing lists… Not a big
danger, here, but it's a good habit to avoid… In general cross-posting can lead to somebody
saying something "private" on a "public" mailing list… Plus, there's no reason for any discussions
on this topic to be on private@… The original email went to private@ to insure the PMC had
appropriate awareness.

I think the websites do a pretty good job of explaining things… In general, all website
content needs to be in svn. Content will no longer be sync'ed from people.apache.org. As Joe's
email mentions, we can continue to use Confluence (though some migration/reconfiguration will
be required). However, Confluence is likely to be an uphill battle (at some point, infra is
going to stop supporting Confluence). We may well be better off using CMS. At a minimum, we
definitely need to investigate/discuss moving to CMS.

--kevan