geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some history releases gone?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:21:27 GMT
On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 5:39 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:
>
> > Hey Forrest,
> >
> > The download links for the older versions are supposed to have been
> updated to point to the archives (http://archive.apache.org/dist/geronimo/
> ).
>

> > Just for the purpose of cleanup of the dist folder.
> >
> > They all still exist.  I am actually surprised at how many are still
> available on the regular download location.

Today I checked the links of those history releases, and found they are
updated with the archive links now. Not sure this happened automatically or
manually?

> Right. We should only have the latest release in our dist directory.
>
> It's probably time to delete some of our older versions from dist (and
> only include them in archive). We should also make a formal statement of
> support, IMO. If problems are found in versions 2.0 and older versions
> (e.g. 1.1). I don't think we plan on making any fixes…

Where we shall put the support lifecycle statement on our web site? The
download page http://geronimo.apache.org/downloads.html?

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest