geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 3 and karaf 3
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:42:46 GMT
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I got some time to try the trunk change locally after G 2.1.8 release
>> stuffs are basically done :-)
>>
>> Several findings about the trunk changes:
>> 1. The server trunk can only be compiled with Maven 3, that's the reason
>> it failed to compile in the TCK environment(the maven version used in TCK
>> env is 2.2.1). I will update the TCK env in the coming days.
>> 2. The testsuite cannot be executed since geronimo-maven-plugin cannot
>> launch the server now. This issue will also block TCK execution.
>> 3. The command line interfaces has big changes, I cannot find
>> startup/shutdown/geronimo scripts now. I do not look into the changes
>> further, so I even don't know how to launch the server now.
>>
> Sorry, I reread the mail thread and got known that how to start the server
> now: bin/karaf -l

Hit this exception when I tried on my ubuntu box:

geronimo> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.6.0_29)...
Module  1/62
org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car
Server Startup failed

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car failed
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:803)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon$1.run(EmbeddedDaemon.java:265)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
Unknown start exception
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:527)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:286)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:787)
    ... 1 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Getter
method not found Attribute Name: GBeanInfo, Type: class
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfo, GBeanInstance:
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanAttribute.<init>(GBeanAttribute.java:252)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.buildAttributes(GBeanInstance.java:396)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.<init>(GBeanInstance.java:266)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.loadGBean(BasicKernel.java:431)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:452)
    ... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.getGBeanInfo()
    at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1605)
    at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanAttribute.<init>(GBeanAttribute.java:237)
    ... 7 more

>> So generally, I think we need a introduction about how to use the trunk
>> build now.

>>> No help for server build in AHP, I will try it locally. thanks!

if you do get them to work (as we seem to have up to now by not

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest