On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks,

A release candidate for Geronimo 2.1.8 has been created and staged.

The tag has been created here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/geronimo-2.1.8/

The staging repo is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/

The main artifacts up for vote are the source release archives:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.8/geronimo-2.1.8-source-release.tar.gz
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.8/geronimo-2.1.8-source-release.zip

A tck execution against 2.1.8 tag is ongoing, and will be finished around 16 hours later. I will update the status here.
Java ee 5 tck  passed for both Tomcat and Jetty assembly. Now only one jaxb tck failure, if we switch the jaxb api back to RI's, then no failure.
Since this jaxb tck failure, we have to revert back to use jaxb-api, not our geronimo jaxb spec api, so cancel this vote.

Please comment if we should hold on the release until we fixed the jaxb tck failure.

My point is to go ahead to have 2.1.8 out of the door, then look for the reason of the jaxb tck failure. any thoughts?

Based on the awareness of the jaxb tck failure and the fact of all java ee 5 CTS passed, my vote +1

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[  ] +1 about time to push this out the door
[  ]  0 no opinion
[  ] -1 not this one  (please explain why)

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest

--