geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integrating the Geronimo 2.2 version upgrades
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 20:23:27 GMT

On Dec 9, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Trygve Sanne Hardersen wrote:

> I agree the best solution is to split things up. This is more work right now, but maybe
not in the long run. Like you mention bugs will happen in the future, and having to check
against the "big upgrade" isn't a compelling task. Changes with specific JIRAs will be easier
for the community to consider, and generate an understandable changelog.

> I haven't committed to Apache before and starting with this in a single shot isn't tempting,
though I don't expect any problems.

> If nobody objects I'll start with the upgraded GShell and create a JIRA for it. This
is independent and isolated as it is.

Sounds good to me. Thanks Trygve.

--kevan